top of page
Liquor Bottles

Liquor Liability

Do you sell or distribute liquor, wine, or beer? We can limit your risk to exposure.

Claims result from common day accidents, be it when one of your regular customers has one too many glasses of wine and is involved in a car wreck driving home, or a guest falls down a flight of stairs in your restaurant while intoxicated. Whether you're a business owner who sells or serves liquor, an event planner who helps to control client parties, or the host of a wedding or private function, you could be held liable for millions of dollars of damages and legal costs to defend yourself and your business.

Liquor liability insurance provides coverage for businesses involved in selling or distributing liquor, wine, or beer. Organizations that are in the business of selling alcohol have an extremely high exposure to liquor liability related claims, and coverage for bodily injury or property damage as a result of an intoxicated patron is not insured by a typical general liability or business owners policy. Most states have determined that businesses that sell, manufacture or serve alcohol can be held vicariously liable for harm caused by an intoxicated patron, and several states now mandate that such high-risk businesses maintain a liquor liability policy.

Best-in-Class Insurance at Unbeatable Pricing!

Boynton Insurance Group has partnered with best-in-class insurance providers to provide the best coverage at the best prices. Check it out for yourself now!

Most insurance companies that provide liquor liability coverage have unique contractual terms and conditions. You will want to consult with an experienced insurance professional to ensure your policy doesn't have large exclusions or gaps. For example, policies may exclude coverage for emotional distress and mental anguish, or not provide coverage for employees and those served illegally, such as someone who is under the legal drinking age. While several states require organizations in the business of selling liquor to maintain a minimum coverage level, compulsory limits are typically inadequate to cover these type of claims. Consult with a knowledgeable insurance agent  in this field to help you select an appropriate limit.

Like what you see? Get in touch to learn more.

Explore More Products
Signing a Contract_edited.jpg

General Liability



Workers Compensation

Image by Hans Isaacson

Business Interruption Extra Expense

Image by Memento Media


Commercial Property

bottom of page